Florida Law Firm for Entrepreneurs
Business owners and anyone planning to start their own company must be aware of the many legal issues surrounding entrepreneurship. Stanton IP Law Firm is a Florida law firm for entrepreneurs that handles all facets of business and contract law, intellectual property rights, and other issues facing new, existing, and emerging companies.
Aspects of Entrepreneur Law
Starting a business isn’t only about providing products and services. There are also many legal concerns. A lawyer for entrepreneurs can help with any of the following:
- Legal services for startups – When starting a business, you need to find the appropriate legal entity for your needs. The most popular are LLC, sole proprietorship, partnership, and corporation. A business lawyer can help business owners identify the best choice and guide them through the process of starting the right kind of company.
- Transactional Law – This includes drafting, analyzing, and negotiating contracts and other business agreements. For example, it’s essential to understand contracts when dealing with employees, potential partners, vendors, and financial agreements (such as applying for loans).
- Taxes – Taxes can be complex for businesses. There may be issues related to payroll taxes, FICA, credits and deductions, sales taxes, and more. An experienced attorney can help companies understand their taxes and ensure they don’t pay more than is legally required.
- Protecting intellectual property – Every business needs to secure its intellectual property, which may include filing for patents and trademarks. Stanton IP Law Firm has extensive experience with all aspects of IP law. We work with businesses in many industries, including filing for patents, litigation, and enforcing trade secrets.
A Florida Law Firm for Entrepreneurs
Stanton IP Law Firm is a Florida-based law firm with years of experience in not only intellectual property, but also business law, transactional law, and more. We are familiar with startups as well as the high-tech sector, including blockchain, software development, and medical devices. The following are some of the legal matters we handle:
Intellectual Property (IP)
Protecting and enforcing intellectual property includes copyrights, patents, trademarks, and trade secrets. Working with clients to file for IP protection, and enforcing claims. Copyrights, patents, and trademarks. One reason businesses work with entrepreneurial law firms is to protect their intellectual property, which could include inventions, software, or artistic creations. Copyrights, which cover music, art, and software, are registered with the US Copyright Office. Inventions are protected by patents, while trademarks cover logos and brand names, both covered by the US Patent and Trademark Office. In addition to filing copyrights, patents, and trademarks, Stanton IP Law Firm also works with clients to safeguard trade secrets, which may involve cases of employee theft, breaches of confidentiality, or misappropriation of trade secrets.
The field of business law includes:
- Forming business entities such as corporations and partnerships
- Financial and tax issues – calculating taxes owed and deductions, compensation issues, and salary management
- Contract negotiation and review
- Royalty agreements
- Software licensing and agreements
- Non-disclosure agreements (NDAs)
An Attorney Can Protect Your Intellectual Property Rights
We offer complete entrepreneur law services to everyone from startups to Fortune 500 companies. We provide personalized service to meet the unique needs of each client. Contact us for a free consultation.