Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence IP Law Firm
Artificial intelligence and machine learning are transforming the technology sector. Companies innovating in these areas must be aware of protecting their intellectual property at all costs. Artificial intelligence patent attorneys can help with not only patents, but also copyrights, protecting trade secrets, and handling litigation if necessary.
Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
Artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning are distinct but related technologies that are both being used in many industries. AI refers to technology that simulates human behavior. Chatbots are one of the most familiar examples. Machine learning is a type of AI that allows software and other technology to learn without human assistance.
While AI and machine learning are usually associated with the software industry, their uses extend beyond this. As AI and machine learning advance, more companies will find innovative uses for these technologies.
The Importance of IP Protection for Machine Learning and AI
As AI and machine learning advance, protecting intellectual property becomes a pressing concern for businesses. Some of the uses include:
- Medical – Including pharmaceuticals and medical devices
- Logistics and transportation
- Autonomous vehicles
- Finance —Including risk management, forecasting, data management, and security
- Retail and E-commerce
- Natural Language Processing —Including chatbots, converting text to speech, and voice assistants
Not All AI and Machine Learning Ideas Can Be Patented
Machine learning patent attorneys are essential for helping companies in these and other industries protect their inventions. Navigating the intellectual property rights of artificial intelligence can be complicated as not everything can be patented or copyrighted. A machine learning algorithm, for example, cannot be patented under current law. On the other hand, a phone app that incorporates machine learning may be patented as it’s a finished product. It takes an experienced artificial intelligence IP law firm like ours that keeps up with the latest rulings to sort out what can and cannot be patented.
Services to Protect AI and Machine Learning Intellectual Property
Finding experienced machine learning patent attorneys is important for any business that needs to file for a patent, protect trade secrets, or engage in any litigation related to intellectual property. Stanton IP Law Firm works with businesses in many industries that utilize AI and machine learning. Our services include:
- Patents – While abstract algorithms can’t be patented, an invention with practical applications can be. Staton IP Law Firm works with clients to identify the appropriate type of patent and writes patent applications.
- Protecting Trade Secrets – Companies that use sophisticated technology need to guard trade secrets, which can be any information that’s not publicly available. A law firm can take action when trade secrets are stolen by competitors, employees, or others.
- Litigation – Protecting intellectual property may involved litigation, which can be complex and costly. Stanton IP Law Firm’s team has artificial intelligence patent attorneys with ample experience with cases involving machine learning and AI.
An Attorney Can Protect Your Intellectual Property Rights
Finding the right artificial intelligence IP law firm is essential if you want to protect your proprietary information. We work with everyone from startups to Fortune 500 companies. To learn more about our services, contact us for a free consultation.